Things are quite simple actually. Appearance has always made a strong impression if not the most significant one.
It has also been considered as indicative of personality, pros and cons, insecurities and confidence, to name a few. Did you know that clothing industry is the third most powerful in the world? (First come the medicines, then the guns.) What you wear is what you are. That’ s the way things have always been – since Adam and Eve worn fig leafs to cover themselves at least.
So what should you wear on your date with your sugar daddy? Don’t assume it’s obvious, or it doesn’t matter. Just follow these rules, and thank me later.
- Something sexy. You are young and beautiful. Vibrant. Full of life and thirsty for more. You are comfortable with your sexuality and open to new challenges. Choose bodycon dresses, skirts that show off your legs, chic cleavages, silk and semi-sheer fabrics.
- Something not too sexy. Yes, you are gorgeous. And a sex goddess. You know it. Your date knows it. Why should the waiter know it too? Avoid showing legs, cleavage and back simultaneously. Stay away from sheer, elastic, tacky clothes. You may think you look hot, but you probably look desperate, fishing for compliments. Tres sexy, non?
- Something classic with a twist. You are dating a mature, successful man, who will most definitely appreciate a look familiar to him – but not boring. Black patent stilettos, satin blouses, pencil skirts and red lipstick will do wonders on anyone. Choose the best quality you can afford, it will pay off.
- Something colourful. Careful though. You are young and colours are your friends. But don’t overdose it. Keep the three colour rule and preferably on accessories: clutches, statement necklaces, peep toe heels. A lime green sequin mini dress is nobody’s friend on a romantic date.
- Heels. Slim, tall heels. They make you walk like a movie star and your date proud to accompany you. Don’t think “the tallest/priciest/trendiest the better”. Choose those that you can walk confidently in and don’t make you suffer the next day.
- Perfume. Oh, the human smell. It’s one of those things we feel attracted to but never quite explain. Look for your signature fragrance and it’ll do the magic. When he asks you what you are wearing, just smile. You’ll thank me later (again).
- Light makeup. Don’t become somebody else and don’t contour too much! There’s no need to try a 5 colour smokey eye or dark plum lips. Plus, you may need to reapply your makeup, so choose something simple and impressive. A cat eye, a red lipstick and a good mascara will do the trick.
- A small purse. You didn’t see that coming, huh? Don’t carry your backpack or a shopper. A boxy clutch, a small cross-body or a mini tote will make you look so ladylike, that you carry only the very essentials. A big amount of money isn’t one of them.
Now, I’m not Miranda Priestly. I don’t know that much about fashion, and I can’t guarantee you that you’ll stop traffic if you dress the way I suggest. But I know that it will make your sugar daddy want to get to know more about you. He will see you and he will ask himself: “What’s that girl like?”
The door has been opened. The rest is your business.